Sunday, December 7, 2014

A magical day

After 30+ years of dreaming about it, I finally got to go. Disney during the holidays. Yes, I live in Florida and have been to Disney World numerous times. Why haven't I attempted to fulfill my dream before now? Who knows. Bad timing, busy part of the year, other financial obligations, etc...
My co-workers purchased a ticket to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party for my birthday in September. What an awesome gift! I had to wait almost 3 months to use my gift but it was worth it!

How can anyone NOT be happy in the happiest place on earth during the holidays?? I am a kid at heart and ever since my first trip to Disney as a young teen (yep, I started late) it has been a bit of an obsession. It's the one place where you can totally forget about your troubles and problems in life while you are there. 
I am always amazed at all of the little details. I have to hand it to Disney. They make sure that the experience is worth the exuberant amount of money you will spend.

 I will be the first to admit that I have cried during the fireworks display, the parades, and shows. I am THAT passionate about it! Some may think it is childish but that's what I love about it. Being able to forget how old you are and enjoying the little things in life like the smell of cookies piped in to Main Street, the latex Mickey balloons, the Mickey shaped ice cream, wearing ridiculous hats with ears and no one judging you because THEY are wearing them too. 
If you have never been to a Disney park (GASP) I highly recommend visiting one. Especially the Magic Kingdom. If you aren't a fan of crowds, go in late September-mid November or wait until mid January-early March. The temps are more tolerable too. 
And don't forget about the resorts. You can find hidden treasures such as a life size gingerbread house! This one is at the Grand Floridian. All in all, this visit was short but an experience I will never forget. I think a new tradition is being born!
Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment